Day out In London

19:52

Zhōngguó xīnnián kuàilè ( happy Chinese new year everyone). My friends and I decided to go to China town today and it was amazing. The lanterns were all hung up and there was a lot of dancing dragons to celebrate Chinese new year; this year it is the year of the monkey. Apparently, Many Chinese try to give birth in the year of the Monkey, as they believe that this will make their babies clever. Despite the fact it was raining (thank you Britain) it did not seem to dampen the mood. Everyone was standing in the rain, watching the dragons and it was a great atmosphere to be around. I have always wanted to go to China town around the Chinese new year period and I am glad that I did you can definitely feel the excitement. As the Men played the drums which, the dragons danced to they went into different restaurants. The dragons danced all around China town and big crowds of people followed them; this kind of made it difficult to walk around as people were blocking corners however, the little nudge here and there enabled us to get through. I also find it cool how the dragons went into different restaurants. I took my phone out too late so I was not able to take a photo. 

Me and my friends opted for the Kowloon restaurant which, was an all you can eat buffet. It was really good especially as it was only £12 and it included a  drink. However I was a bit disappointed with their selection of food to choose from; I wish there was more variety. I  Mainly wish there was prawns as that is my favourite seafood so, I was also a bit disappointed with that. Yet overall it was a good place to dine. 















What I'm Wearing:
Jacket: French Connection
Top: Uniqlo
Jeans: Zara
Hat: DKNY 
Bag: Kate Spade 
Shoes: Vans 



You Might Also Like

0 comments