Higgy to the Haggs =2020

01:39






Hi, hello and dem tings der

Like the other posts, I make I'm just typing as things come to mi headtop.

The inspo for this post is the fact that so far 2020 has been the definition of higgy hagga. If you're not familiar with the phrase, let me break it down for you.

Noun: Higgy Hagga

Definition: Mess, doesn't make a sense, confusion, throw away

That's my definition of the word anyway. Now you're probably wondering why its been Higgy Hagga... CORONAAAA aka MISS RONA is the reason why!

Rona, has come to just mess everything up! I should be in the library aka jail revising. Instead I'm at home because of the lockdown, still revising. However, it's not the same everything just takes longer to do. Boris said we gotta stay home so that's what I'm doing and I can't lie to you I don't even want to leave my house. Every time I watch the news I get more scared (# stayathomepeeps). I have been home for over a month now and, I've hardly stepped foot outside, the only time I have has been to 1) help my mum take the shopping out of the car and, 2) return a parcel which was just a major L.

Now, as we all know we should all be inside unless; you are a key worker, going out for your daily exercise and, buying essential items. Soooooooo I'm just really confused as to why I saw on twitter that people were still getting their hair done... like leaving their house to go to the hair salon to get their hair done.

Let's be honest none of us are going anywhere, like as I type this I'm wearing a scarf and, my hair is in twist like Asap rocky. Amy, Krissy, or even Susu have not made contact with my head (the names of my wigs lol) since this lockdown began. Restaurants = LOCK OFF, Cinema = LOCK OFF, University/ Uni depending on which you go = LOCK OFF... so where are you going ?! Now if you are an influencer and Instagram is your source of income then... maybe I get it by like 2%, by getting your hair done you are promoting the person's business which, results in possible money for you.

Like I said, this Rona has come to mess everything up, which I understand includes a lot of peoples hustle. Some people have been made redundant and, for those who are 'creatives' that depend on regular bookings to get your shmoneeyy I can attempt to understand why you would violate the lockdown rules... like I'm attempting. In all you do just bear in mind why the lockdown was set in the first place; its there to protect you. Wouldn't you want to protect your life, and your client's life rather than, risk it for the sake of laying someone's hair just so that your client can put "what lace ?" in their caption?

We all know that everyone needs money to survive and, in a crisis like this you definitely need money. How are you going to buy food or pay bills with no steady income, that just makes everything harder. My mum even told me grocery stores are reducing the amount of discounts in stores, to stop people from overbuying. Which I get because, people were out here clearing the shelves of toilet roll like how am I seeing on my friends snap someone with a deep trolly just filled with toilet roll and, the toilet roll is even falling off the trolly. People were doing tooo much but I guess that's what happens when you are scared and you don't know what is going on, or how long you will be stuck in your house for. You overbuy!

I'm not going to be ignorant and say things like ' you should have money saved up anyway' because, sometimes being able to save money is a luxury if we are keeping it 100. This pandemic has made me realise the things that I take for guaranteed and has made me appreciate them so much more. Things such as having a roof over my head and having space to myself has made me more empathetic to homeless people with no family. As its times like this when it's really nice to be around your family no matter how annoying they are.

So before this lockdown happened I was screaming 'omds my birthday is going to be inside' (ngl still upset about it) and, I was upset that I wasn't going to be able to go on holiday. However, after having a deep thought and putting certain things into perspective, I'm thankful that I have life and that my family and I are safe. If you have managed to read this far, just deep the fact that you are alive right now and that unfortunately, there are people who are struggling to stay alive because of this horrible virus.

To those that have lost family members or friends, I pray that God gets you through this challenging time. To those that have family members or friends in intensive care or are isolating, I pray that God protects them and, that they will not fall victim to the virus. To those who are key workers and front liners I appreciate you! My thoughts and prayers are with you all.


 ELIZABETH XOXO


You Might Also Like

0 comments