MY FIRST TERM AT UNI

03:38




EVERYONE IS MAD! Don't worry you are doing nothing wrong. 



Okay, that was actually a joke not everyone is MAD. However, I must say that the first semester at Uni is such a learning experience. There was definitely a lot of laughter but, I also cried a lot and it wasn't even because I was homesick which is what I actually found strange. It mostly came from friendship problems and feeling like I had to change as a person because people didn't seem to understand me.  

You often hear 'don't change who you are,' 'If you change who you are there are people from back at ends who will bait you out.' However, I feel changing is something that we can't help doing especially when we are not familiar with the people that we are around. It will come to a time where you have to just stop trying so much and the people who are meant to be your friends will be there. I really learnt that uni is not for everyone. The first lectures that I had I sat in the lecture theatre and, thought to myself 'LOOOL what have I done? Why did I pick this course? ' Which is very ironic. As in I spent time writing a personal statement, revising for my exams, I then screamed when I got my offers and then I got into my firm Uni. On top of that all summer I was looking forward to going to Uni. Then on the first day of lectures, I'm thinking about going back home...MAD.

Please Deep it with me... WE ARE GOING TO GO INTO A LOT OF DEBT so if you know that the course you are doing is not for you please reconsider! Life is too short to be wasting time and going into debt for no reason.

Helpful tips to survive first semester; 

1) Be yourself 

2) Go to your lectures and seminars 

3) Don't be lazy 

4) Put in the work, it will actually pay off 

5) HAVE FUN you will only have the experience once and, after first-semester UNI actually gets real!




                                                               

                                                                       Elizabeth XOXO 

You Might Also Like

0 comments