Designing for the future: trends we need to consider now

13:55


Photo taken on IPhone 5 using VSCO app #London Liverpool st

DESGIN IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE

When I started thinking about the title of this post; Designing for the future: trends we need to consider now. I wasn't sure how to approach it, I then thought to myself what exactly is design ?!

Here's the definition I found on Google:

1)"A plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings, garments, or other object before it is made"
2)" A decorative pattern"

Design is something cool and so broad. living in a city where construction is always happening I find it so cool, others may not but seeing a building  slowly being made up to completion is one of the things that I find so fascinating. I love the art of design even though we have the google definition of what design is my own person definition of design is the freedom to express your self and your thoughts. However  I feel as though the harsh reality is that that, within the design industry the different sectors seem like worlds apart. 

Despite this feeling that different forms of design are now where linked together but they actually are. Many fashion designers have helped to design the cars that we like to admire such as the Range Rover Evoque which was designed by Victoria Beckham. Fashion designers take their design inspirations from everyday things from cars which help to determine either the tones of the garments or the theme of the clothes that will be created, to nature using earthy tones in a collection of clothing. Or simply just make old trends new again such as baggy clothing, chokers and going natural with your hair. I just thought these were things that us 21st century humans came up with but no our ancestors before us were already one step ahead of the game.

Like we are shown in  movies such as, Meet The Robison's where there is a whole world full of flying cars; I feel like the future of design is moving in that direction where everything starts to become more futuristic and, the way that we do our make up or dress becomes more simple, the effortless look seems to be in trend. For example the KKW contour kits by Kim Kardashian West were made so that people could quickly do their makeup look flawless but, without having to put much though or effort into it.

I was recently shown by a friend a video of a car design in Dubai which they are hoping will be able to fly. Wether they were successful with this design I don't know however, it makes me wonder will I ever see something that cool in my lifetime. Maybe you never know, we could even say that the UK starting to enforce electric cars into the UK is a step in that direction and, with technology advancing everyday the opportunities are endless. 

To conclude I would have to say that obviously there is no distinct way to determine what design will look like in the future however, I will have to say that I think that things are going to get more over the top. Feathered eyebrows and putting your face full of makeup in cold water is just the beginning especially, with old trends becoming new and technology being taking to another level that no one ever thought they would see before. 







Elizabeth XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments