D.I.Y: Make Your Own Ripped Jeans

20:47

I have been in love with the ripped jeans look which has now become a trend. I have Pull and Bear jeans which are already ripped at the knee. I will be demonstrate how you can make your own ripped jeans your self.( This was made only using scissors and a cloth).


I used a simple scissor to cut my jeans, they cut really well and do not wear out the scissors

The chosen jeans are from pull and bear which retail for £20.The pairs of jeans use already had a cut at the knee which, helped me to guide how i was going to cut the jeans. As well as that it helped make the jean look more worn out.

1st mark where you want to cut your jeans. You can do this with a fabric marker.( I Suggest that you wear your jeans whilst marking out where you want the line to go as this makes it more precise.)

After you mark out where you want the rip look to go. Use your scissors to cut the line. The next thing I did was to grab a towel, (you can use a cloth instead.) I damped an edge of the towel with water and rubbed it on the jeans. This helped to get out the blue line from the marker but, to also darken out the areas of the cut. I realised that this method helped some of the thread to come out of the line which was cut which, I really like this look however, using a towel is optional. 

LEFT LEG: As you can see in the picture the areas are the cut are damp. I also cut on the corner to make the rip open a bit more, especially for when I am walking 

RIGHT LEG: The same thing which was done on the left leg was also replicated on this leg of the jean. You have to be especially careful when cutting on the corner of the cut, (if you cut too much it may ruin the whole look as the rip may look awkward when walking)



TOP: Jack wills
JEANS: Pull and Bear
SHOES: Nike Huarache
BRACELET: Juicy Couture 





I hope that this little DIY has motivated you to make your own ripped jeans or something similar.

XOX Elizabeth 






You Might Also Like

0 comments